Industry’s Leading On-Premises Secure Web Gateway
Secure the web with our ProxySG and Advanced Security Gateway Appliances
Symantec Advanced Secure Gateway (ASG) combines the functionality of the Symantec ProxySG secure web gateway with the intelligence of Symantec Content Analysis to offer a single, powerful web security solution that delivers world-class threat protection. Advanced Secure Gateway is a scalable web proxy appliance designed to secure your web communications and accelerate your business applications. ProxySG and ASG draw on a unique proxy server architecture that allows organizations to effectively monitor, control, and secure traffic to ensure a safe web and cloud experience. A Symantec secure web-filtering proxy empowers you to:
- Control web and cloud usage with fast app performance
- Establish negative-day threat defenses
- Implement multi-authentication realm support
- Gain visibility into encrypted web traffic
Eliminate Your Encryption Blind Spot with Highly Secure HTTPS Inspection
Protect yourself from hidden threats with an “A” grade web security gateway appliance
Get complete visibility into SSL/TLS-encrypted web traffic with Symantec’s advanced secure web proxy and cloud security solutions. Academic researchers and internet giants such as Google, Mozilla and others scrutinized Secure Web Gateways, Next-Generation Firewalls and Application Delivery Controllers to see who was delivering secure interception of encrypted web traffic, without introducing new risk. Of all middleboxes in the study, only the Symantec web proxy appliance enabled inspection while preserving high security.
- Scan SSL-encrypted traffic for viruses, worms, and Trojans, and block them at the secure web gateway
- Prevent spyware from installing or communicating over SSL/TLS
- Stop rogue applications (such as IM and P2P) that use SSL to subvert enterprise controls and security measures
- Accelerate approved and safe SSL-encrypted traffic
- Send a stream of decrypted traffic to third-party logging systems for analysis, archiving and forensics
Isolate Potentially Risky Traffic by Preventing Malware and Phishing Threats, While Allowing Broad Web Access
Protect your users from threats targeting web browsers
Symantec Web Isolation prevents websites from delivering zero-day malware, protects users’ devices by executing web sessions away from endpoints, and safely sends rendering information to the browser. Integration with Symantec Secure Web Gateways such as ProxySG and Advanced Secure Gateway (ASG) enables policy-based traffic isolation for uncategorized sites and for URLs with suspicious or potentially unsafe risk profiles. Specifically, this means:
- Tight integration with Symantec Secure Web Gateways (ProxySG, ASG, and Web Security Service)
- Patented approach that prevents any website code from executing on user’s devices
- Responsive and interactive UI for transparent and seamless user experience
- Selective risky traffic isolation or isolation of all web traffic for privileged users such as C-level executives
- Isolation of URLs embedded in email to block phishing attacks
Advanced Real-Time Threat Protection
Gain complete protection and control
Add advanced threat protection to your secure web gateway with the Symantec Content Analysis system, featuring multiple anti-malware engines, malware analysis (sandboxing), and endpoint integration. Symantec Inteligence Services and WebFilter offer real-time protection for web content filtering, security categorization, web application control, and other capabilities as an optional subscription.
- Get the most advanced web security in a web filter proxy
- Extend real-time sandboxing protection
- Integrate real-time blocking of advanced threats at the secure web gateway
- Gain the benefits of centralized file inspection when using Symantec network, endpoint and cloud solutions
Select an Advanced Secure Web Gateway Proxy Architecture as the Foundation of Your Security Infrastructure
Start with strong security, and customize to your needs
Symantec Secure Web Gateway solutions, including ProxySG, Advanced Secure Gateway, Web Security Service, and Virtual Secure Web Gateway deliver strong proxy-based security in an on-premises security gateway appliance, virtual appliance, cloud or hybrid deployment. Our proxy architecture is a core part of our secure web gateway platform: It protects you against web- and network-based threats, enables cloud data protection, and provides flexible business policy control across the enterprise and the cloud, including web, social, and mobile networks.
- Mitigate risk with full visibility and control for web and cloud access
- Set policies based on website content-based classifications
- Assess and control unsanctioned cloud usage
- Combine security functions for cloud and mobile technologies
- Enjoy Universal Policy Enforcement and centralized management and reporting
Ensure Solutions Work Together Seamlessly with Integrated Cyber Defense
Maximize the impact of your security investment
The proliferation of web and cloud applications, along with mobile devices, have made the web one of the biggest security threat vectors. Consequently, organizations need an integrated, multi-layered approach to defend against rapidly-evolving security threats.
Symantec ProxySG and Advanced Secure Gateway (ASG) extend powerful network capabilities to our Symantec Integrated Cyber Defense. Together, these tools unify cloud and on-premises security with advanced threat protection and information protection across all endpoints, networks, email, and cloud applications.
- Advanced proxy architecture- Terminate and filter web and cloud traffic, authenticating web users and enabling granular threat inspection policies, even for SSL/TLS-encrypted traffic
- File threat prevention- Use multilayer file inspection and customizable sandboxing to block advanced threats
- Real-time threat intelligence- Using our web filter proxy, tap into our unmatched insight into the dynamic threat landscape with the Symantec Global Intelligence Network, the world’s largest civilian threat intelligence network
- Browsing threat prevention- Integrate web isolation to counter new and multi-vector threats targeting users’ web browsing and email
Proxy-Based Secure Web Gateway
A key part of your complete defense architecture
With the introduction of the next-generation firewall (NGFW), many organizations are looking to cut operational expenditures at the cost of their security posture. But look again: A secure web gateway with proxy architecture is a vital complement to your NGFW.
Introducing Symantec Integrated Cyber Defense Exchange (ICDx)
Reduce complexity and cost with built-in integrations and streamlined interoperability.
ICDx simplifies product integrations and accelerates customer time to value across the Symantec enterprise portfolio and the industry’s largest partner ecosystem.
- Remove the friction for security teams when integrating Symantec and third-party products
- Enhance visibility from a unified view of events across Symantec products for searching, dashboards and reporting
- Prepare higher quality cyber data to forward to SIEM and other SOC tools enhancing analytics and alerts
- Speed responses to critical incidents with orchestrated actions targeting multiple Symantec products