Fortinet Fabric Agent for Visibility, Control, ZTNA, and SASE
FortiClient Unifies Endpoint Features
FortiClient is a Fabric Agent that that delivers protection, compliance, and secure access in a single, modular lightweight client. A Fabric Agent is a bit of endpoint software that runs on an endpoint, such as a laptop or mobile device, that communicates with the Fortinet Security Fabric to provide information, visibility, and control to that device. It also enables secure, remote connectivity to the Security Fabric.
The FortiClient Fabric Agent can:
- Report to the Security Fabric on the status of a device, including applications running and firmware version.
- Send any suspicious files to a Fabric Sandbox.
- Enforce application control, USB control, URL filtering, and firmware upgrade policies.
- Provide malware protection and application firewall service.
- Enable the device to connect securely to the Security Fabric over either VPN (SSL or IPsec) or ZTNA tunnels, both encrypted. The connection to the Security Fabric can either be a FortiGate Next-generation Firewall or SASE service.
FortiClient Product Details
FortiClient can be purchased with three levels of capability: Zero Trust Security, Endpoint Security, and Cloud-based Endpoint Security.
- Zero Trust Security: The ZTNA Edition of FortiClient provides the requirements for a remote worker to connect to the network with a minimum level of control. This edition enables both ZTNA and VPN encrypted tunnels, as well as URL filtering and USB device control. Central management via FortiClient EMS is included.
- Endpoint Protection: The EPP/APT Edition of FortiClient expands on the capabilities of the ZTNA Edition by adding AI-based next-generation antivirus (NGAV), endpoint quarantine, and application firewall, as well as support for cloud sandbox.
- Cloud-based Endpoint Security: The SASE SIA Edition expands on the EPP/APT Edition to add firewall-as-a-service (FWaaS) capabilities from FortiSASE services, including SSL inspection, intrusion prevention (IPS), web filtering, Domain Name System (DNS) security, and data loss prevention (DLP).
Delivers better remote access and consistent application access policies
Software Inventory Management
Enables visibility and license management
Extends FWaaS, IPS, DLP, DNS, SWG, sandboxing to remote users with FortiSASE SIA
Dynamic Access Control
Helps automate and simplify compliance
Web Filtering and SaaS Control
Provides web security and content filtering
Detects and isolates compromised endpoints