Education and Research institutions need to preserve their data and enable students and faculty to easily access and share data with both internal and external colleagues. If any data is lost or compromised, it can interrupt your institution’s business, damage the brand, and put the institution out of compliance with a variety of regulations and funding mandates – all which can result in financial losses.
Acronis delivers easy, complete, and safe solutions to protect your data and manage safe and secure access. With Acronis, your students, faculty, and administrative staff can always find the data they need, when they need it, from any location, using any device they choose.
Acronis products are easy to install, configure, and manage, requiring virtually zero training.
Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine, you can deploy individual solutions to support backup and secure access for a specific department or academic unit, or seamlessly blend them together into one efficient backup solution to support multiple departments, academic units or all institution data.
Acronis products ensure that your data is secure and protected from user errors, hardware failures, ransomware attacks, security breaches, viruses, device loss or theft, natural disasters, and any issues related to software or hardware updates. Acronis products also encrypt data both in transit and at rest, ensuring privacy and security.
Acronis Products for Education and Research Institutions
Acronis Backup 12.5 Standard and Advanced
Technology Evolves – Your Backup Should Too
- Available in 2 editions: Acronis Backup 12.5 Standard and Acronis Backup 12.5 Advanced.
- World’s fastest backup solution that protects all your data, located on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, and on mobile devices. With 15-second RTOs, backups that are two times faster than the closest competitor, and support for 21 platforms, it is the most advanced and most complete backup solution available on market today.
For institutions that do not want to run and/or manage Acronis Backup Advanced on their hardware, Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud is a simple, cost-effective local and cloud backup and recovery solution.
Leverages your own cloud infrastructure (or that of a service provider)
Supports virtual machines, physical servers, applications, PC/Mac workstations, iPhone/iPad and Android mobile devices, and Office 365 mailbox data
Enables bare-metal recovery from onsite or offsite backup
Multi-tier, multi-tenant console supports distributed IT infrastructure
Acronis Snap Deploy
Ideal for lab and classroom environments, Acronis Snap Deploy lets you rapidly deploy a large number of workstations and servers to bare metal.
Provision your operating system, data, and software to one, tens, or hundreds of machines in one easy step
Deploy the same image to other brands and types of PCs and servers
Save time and costs by eliminating the need to install operating systems and applications onto individual machines
Acronis Files Advanced
Acronis Files Advanced is an easy-to-use, secure solution that lets students, researchers, and faculty access, create, edit, sync and share files – from anywhere, using any device.
Access file servers, NAS, and computers from any desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone
Provides IT with complete control over business and academic content to ensure security, maintain compliance, and enable “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD)
Students, faculty, and researchers can share data with internal and external colleagues to collaborate and advance research
Easy synchronization allows a user to access and edit their work from any device
Solves file corruption, slow file searches, disconnects from file shares and other incompatibilities when accessing Windows file and print servers, and NAS devices from a Mac.
Safely share large files between Mac and Windows environments without incompatibility-related problems
Access Windows print servers and NAS servers directly from a Mac
Avoid file corruption, lost data, and application incompatibility
- Safeguard your systems from ransomware attacks with Acronis Active Protection, the only backup technology that detects and prevents unauthorized encryption of files and backups
- Reduce recovery time by 50%*
- Reduce long-term storage costs by up to 60%*
- Reduce the time to back up a full system by 30%*
- Deploy an image to hundreds of the same or different systems 80% faster*
- Refresh or change configurations in a class, lab, research, or test environment in half the time*
- Provide secure access to content and enable “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD)
- Complete yet easy to install, configure, and manage, requiring virtually zero training
- Collaborate with Acronis in research and education projects, internships, and scholarship programs
* According to customer feedback and Acronis survey data
Acronis Joint Education and Research Programs
Acronis offers a mix of innovative education and research programs to universities and colleges including:
- Acronis mentorship programs
- Student internships in Acronis labs and R&D centers
- Joint research and development projects
- Guest lectures by our IT experts on the hottest IT topics
- Acronis Scholarship Program for outstanding students
- Sponsorships of IT conferences, competitions, and education events
In addition, Acronis offers a Certification Program to both students and IT staff. This program includes introductory courses on Acronis products, technologies, and best practices as well as a certified engineer course.