Data is the New Perimeter: Protect It Wherever It Flows.
In an age of cloud apps and BYO devices, traditional security perimeters are no longer viable solutions for protecting your sensitive data.
When data leaves the managed premises potentially anyone can access it. Use identity, encryption, and rights management to secure sensitive data so only intended users gain access—no matter if they are mobile, remote, or working outside your organization.
Symantec Information Centric Encryption integrates with other Symantec data protection technologies to:
- Accurately detect sensitive data across multiple platforms
- Automatically encrypt data wherever it goes
- Set users’ digital rights access (such as edit, print, and save)
- Decrypt files based on user identity; supports multifactor authentication
- Monitor usage and revoke access at anytime
Data Gotten Out of Your Hands? Track It.
One central control for all of your data–both in and out of your network.
Track and protect sensitive data so it’s always in your control. You get a clean, consolidated view across multiple data channels (email, endpoints, storage, cloud applications, and mobile) and operating systems.
- Real-time reporting—Monitor data access, discover who has accessed files, and identify anomalous user behavior both internally and externally.
- Revoke access—Dynamically alter file or user access for immediate protection; leave the file in place, where it remains encrypted and unusable to unauthorized users.
If You Can’t See It, You Can’t Protect It.
Visibility is king for a successful data protection strategy. Without it, you’re operating in darkness.
Gain full visibility into all your data (at rest, in use, and in motion) and automatically protect it. Integration with Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Symantec Information Centric Tagging (ICT) delivers both content- and user-based detection.
- Symantec Data Loss Prevention—Detects sensitive data across multiple data channels (such as endpoints, network, USB devices, email, and cloud applications). Integrate with Information Centric Encryption to automatically protect your data.
- Symantec Information Centric Tagging—Lets users classify data against predetermined categories. Integrate with Information Centric Encryption to manually protect your data.
It’s Your Data. Shouldn’t You Control the Keys?
Have complete control over access to your data anytime, anywhere.
Our encryption technology and key management expertise safeguard your decryption keys when in use. The rest of the time, however, you host your own decryption keys—so you stay in full control.
- Choose to host your decryption keys in the cloud or in your own on-premises key store.