Mobile Threat Defense
Gartner defines Mobile Threat Defense (MTD) as: Threat defense tools that use a mix of vulnerability management, anomaly detection, behavioral profiling, code emulation, intrusion prevention, host firewalling and transport security technologies to help defend mobile devices and applications from advanced threats.
The SANS Institute says: Mobile devices are more than just small computers in continuous use with perpetual connections to the Internet. The operating paradigm of these devices calls for new approaches to help ensure the data processed by them remains secure while maintaining productivity.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile’s risk-based mobile security approach is designed from the ground up to defend against all detected threats that put business data at risk of exposure, theft and manipulation, while respecting users’ need for privacy, productivity and a great mobile experience.
Unmatched Machine Learning to Stay Ahead of Threats
A decade of experience and massive threat intelligence.
With 36+ years of machine learning research baked in–and constant feeds from the Symantec Global Intelligence Network (GIN), the world’s largest civilian threat intelligence database–SEP Mobile detects threats that competitors’ products simply cannot. Not all machine learning is equal.
- Detect the most threats with on-device and in-cloud machine learning elements.
- Protect all your endpoints as on-device detections get fed into the Symantec GIN.
- Benefit from real-time processing, detection, and protection–at scale.
Holistic, Layered Mobile Security
Underlying the alerts and protective actions of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile app and cloud-based server is currently the most advanced mobile security technology available today. While many mobile security providers focus on a single threat vector, or a single layer of analysis, Endpoint Protection Mobile researchers know that the best way to protect mobile devices is to think like hackers and build a multi-layered system to simultaneously protect against every mobile threat vector from the ground up.
The SANS Institute has identified the four mobile threat vectors that a comprehensive solution must be protected against:
- Physical attacks
- Vulnerability exploits
- Malicious apps
- Network attacks
Mobile Application Security Analysis
Analyze mobile apps to stop malicious and unsafe activity.
SEP Mobile gives you the critical ability to fully analyze mobile apps for malicious, unwanted, and unsafe behaviors, detecting vulnerabilities and protecting your organization from sensitive data loss, privacy-invasive actions, and more. Its real-time reporting enables you to neutralize risks as soon as they appear. SEP Mobile app analysis protects against risks associated with:
- Enterprise data loss and leakage
- Credential theft
- Developer code framework vulnerabilities
- Suspect sideloaded apps
Automated Protection, Not Just Detection
Most Mobile Threat Defense solutions are passive tools that send notifications on detecting suspicious activity, and must rely on third-party solutions, like EMM, to take any action to protect corporate data. This is often too little and too late.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile responds in real time to many identified threats taking deliberate actions and leveraging machine learning to protect devices and the resources they connect to.
Here are just a few of the many active protections that keep mobile devices, and all of the sensitive information they may have access to, safe:
- Protect sensitive corporate resources
- Help block installation of malicious apps
- End detected malicious processes
- Help prevent access to corporate Wi-Fi from compromised devices
- Help block communication to known malicious command and control servers
The Power of a Public App
Comprehensive, future-proof protection, without risking reliance on private APIs.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile is based on technology that delivers comprehensive Mobile Threat Defense capabilities against all mobile threat vectors while complying with the OS vendor’s policies and using only approved public APIs. This allows a fully capable app that is publicly available via the App Store and Google Play, greatly simplifying installation, supporting seamless deployment of updates, and future-proofing full functionality against removal of deprecated private APIs.
Effective and Burden-Free for Everyone
Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile can serve the mobile security and productivity needs of an entire enterprise community, from the users, who need unobstructed productivity above all else, to IT security staff who have no spare resources, to CISOs who can sleep comfortably at night knowing that sensitive data and systems will not be compromised through their mobile infrastructure.
- Less than 3% battery impact
- Comprehensive protection of business and personal activities
- An app as easy to install as a game
- Deploy to thousands in minutes
- Easy integration with other enterprise systems, like EMM and SIEM
- Automated protection, not just detect and alert
- Supports industry and regional compliance (HIPAA, HITECH, GDPR, etc.)
- Instant visibility into organizational risk
- Proven success in Fortune 500 customers
Extend Mobile Security Beyond Mobile Threat Defense
Benefit from the most integrations from one vendor.
SEP Mobile provides the most complete mobile security by natively integrating with Symantec security offerings including Web Security Service, CloudSOC (CASB), Data Loss Prevention, and Endpoint Protection. It also offers built-in integrations with all major mobile device management, enterprise mobility management (MDM/EMM), and SIEM solutions.
- Protect device communications from unsafe URLs with Web Security Service
- Secure cloud apps and services from data leakage with CloudSOC and Data Loss Prevention
- Simplify security management across diverse endpoints with Symantec Endpoint Protection