ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
ISO 9001 is the international standard that sets out the criteria for a quality management system (QMS). Based on seven quality management principles, the Standard will help you to continually monitor and manage quality across all of your operations, as well as benchmarking your organisation’s performance and service.
With over 1.1 million certifications worldwide, ISO 9001 is globally recognised as the best framework for helping organisations deliver quality products and services.
ISO 9001 has recently been updated for 2015 to maintain its relevance in today’s marketplace, and to continue to offer organisations improved performance and business benefits.
The 2015 version of the Standard is much less prescriptive than the 2008 version and can be used as an agile business improvement tool, so you can make it relevant to your organisation’s requirements.
It will also bring quality management and continual improvement into the heart of the organisation, helping to enhance and monitor the performance of your business. This aims to enhance customer satisfaction by demonstrating:
- Understanding and consistency in meeting requirements
- The consideration of processes in terms of added value
- The achievement of effective process performance
- Improvement of processes based on the evaluation of data
Why should you implement an ISO 9001 QMS?
ISO 9001 offers organisations the opportunity to demonstrate that they take a consistent approach to ensuring the quality of their products and services.
It will help you to:
- Demonstrate your organisation’s ability to consistently provide quality products and services
- Meet your customers’ needs and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Win and retain more clients with better customer service
- Improve operational performance by cutting errors and increasing profits
- Become a more consistent competitor in your marketplace
- Widen business opportunities by demonstrating compliance
Transition from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015
If your organisation is certified to ISO 9001:2008 and you would like to transition to the latest version of the Standard, you have until September 2018 to do so. Most organisations that have implemented ISO 9001:2008 will find that their existing systems already meet many requirements of the new Standard and can keep these in place.