Symantec Information Centric Tagging (ICT) allows employees to apply different levels of data classification. This leverages the knowledge and context that users inherently have to identify data that is truly sensitive in turn enhancing existing data protection solutions such as Data Loss Prevention. Data Classification is seamlessly integrated into the user interface of leading productivity applications, enabling employees to effortlessly apply a classification tag. Symantec ICT delivers more accurate data discovery outcomes, increases detection of structured and unstructured data, drives decisions on data protection, and improves user awareness and compliance with enterprise data protection policies.
Better Data Protection
Symantec Data Classification integrates with the industry-leading Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP) to automatically detect sensitive data as well as automate remediation controls. ICT enables user-based data classification thus augmenting Symantec DLP capabilities of labeling and protecting your organization’s valuable information based on user’s data classification in addition to content. ICT with DLP can automatically trigger the appropriate protection response based on the level of data classification, including watermarking and encryption.
- Combine state of the art Symantec DLP technology with user-driven data classification to identify sensitive data
- Trigger the appropriate protection based on data classification level, including document and email watermarking and encryption
Protect Data Everywhere
The first step to secure sensitive data is to identify which data you need to protect. Then it comes down to protecting and controlling sensitive data throughout its lifecycle.
Symantec Information Centric Security (ICS) utilizes user driven data classification tools in conjunction with Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) to discover your sensitive data on premises, endpoints and in the cloud. ICS protects sensitive data wherever it goes by wrapping automated protection around it, even when it travels outside of the managed environment.
Symantec ICS helps ensure safe collaboration and enables compliance for stringent regulations such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Classify Once, Protect Everywhere
Symantec Data Classification allows users to classify sensitive data as it is created. Its direct integration with Information Centric Encryption (ICE) allows that sensitive data to be wrapped in protection that will follow it, even off the network, keeping it safe from unintended viewers. This allows data to be protected through its lifecycle.
- User driven data classification triggers encryption that follows the data throughout its life-cycle
- Decryption is controlled by user authentication, allowing you to control exactly which users (direct and third party) have access
- Monitor data access throughout the life of a document with the ability to revoke data access irrespective of where the data is stored