Keep Your Data Safe from Malicious and Dirty Apps. Add Threat-Aware Data Protection
Combat data theft with unparalleled threat awareness – now integrated with the broadest DLP
Our industry-leading data loss prevention is now integrated with the most complete endpoint protection and informed by the world’s largest civilian threat intelligence network so you can:
- Surveil behaviors within suspicious user-installed apps and stop data theft
- Identify and stop dirty apps from furtively exfiltrating sensitive data such as trade secrets and customer records
- Restrict non-compliant data transfers and verifiably protecting personal data
Keep Data Secure and Private for GDPR
Implement DLP at the core of your Data Protection plan
Data privacy regulations, such as GDPR require you to ensure sensitive data is properly managed. Symantec DLP is configured to identify sensitive data (including that defined by GDPR) and uses a variety of advanced data detection techniques to identify data in many forms.
- Confidently identify regulated data, track its use, and location
- Protection policies allow you to regulate the flow of sensitive data
- Integrate with encryption and CASB technologies to protect email, removable media, individual files and data in the cloud
Protect Data Outside Your Managed Perimeter
Secure data by wrapping automatic protection around it
When data leaves your organization and is shared widely, all is not lost. Symantec DLP will identify sensitive data and enable advanced protection, allowing you to:
- Control who can use data, even from unmanaged locations or devices
- Define what level of access a user has using persistent encryption and digital rights
- Monitor user access to sensitive data to identify risky behavior or security compromise
- Revoke access to users, effectively digitally shredding a document
The Broadest Protection With a Single Solution
Single console and unified policy management for every channel – cloud, endpoints, storage, email and web
Business communication happens over an exhausting number of apps, devices and platforms. As companies look for ways to increase productivity and collaboration, they also increase the number of channels over which employees can leak or steal corporate data.
Symantec DLP can discover, monitor and protect sensitive data wherever it’s used – in the office, on the road, or in the cloud. It gives you complete visibility and control across the broadest range of data loss channels: cloud apps, endpoints, data repositories, emails and web communications.
- Easily manage data loss policies and incidents across every channel – all from one powerful management console
- Offers flexible deployment options for any type of environment: on-premises, private cloud, hybrid cloud or public cloud
Comprehensive Technology, Fewer False Positives
From data fingerprinting to machine learning, Symantec DLP accurately finds sensitive data in whatever guise it takes
Symantec DLP utilizes a combination of advanced technologies to accurately detect confidential data —whether it’s at rest or in motion – and includes a variety of out-of-the-box policies (HIPAA, GDPR, PCI DSS, etc.) to help enable compliance with lower effort.
- Vector Machine Learning (VML) learns and identifies intellectual property and other unstructured data that may difficult to describe such as financial documents, source code, etc.
- Sensitive Image Recognition (SIR) detects sensitive data embedded in forms and other images (scanned documents, screenshots and pictures) with built-in Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Exact Data Matching (EDM) identifies sensitive data by fingerprinting structured databases, e.g., “any customer name and their bank account number”
- Indexed Document Matching (IDM) applies fingerprinting to documents to detect sensitive content that may be partially reused elsewhere, e.g., in an email message
- Described Content Matching (DCM) looks for matches on regular expressions or patterns such as Social Security Number and credit card
- Data Classification enables users to classify sensitive files and allows to protect them based on sensitivity by leveraging Symantec Information Centric Tagging (ICT)
Introducing Symantec Integrated Cyber Defense Exchange (ICDx)
Reduce complexity and cost with built-in integrations and streamlined interoperability.
ICDx simplifies product integrations and accelerates customer time to value across the Symantec enterprise portfolio and the industry’s largest partner ecosystem.
- Remove the friction for security teams when integrating Symantec and third-party products
- Enhance visibility from a unified view of events across Symantec products for searching, dashboards and reporting
- Prepare higher quality cyber data to forward to SIEM and other SOC tools enhancing analytics and alerts
- Speed responses to critical incidents with orchestrated actions targeting multiple Symantec products