Option One: Cloud Service Through DNS Redirection
When you’re hit by a DDoS attack, it’s easy to redirect your traffic through the SiteProtect cloud. This is done most frequently via a quick DNS change.
- The simplest way to reroute traffic
- No special requirements
- Best for protecting a smaller number of hosts and websites that come under attack
How It Works
When you’re under attack or anticipate one:
- Switch the DNS records for any threatened hosts to your Neustar provided IP addresses
- Your traffic flows through the SiteProtect cloud, where bad traffic is filtered by the Neustar Security Operations Center (NSOC) senior-level DDoS mitigation professionals; good traffic proceeds to your infrastructure
- Once the attack subsides, just switch your DNS records back to your original IPs
DNS Redirection is quick, easy and effective with customized mitigation and support from our frontline experts. And you’re back up and running in no time.